SOG KNIVES "UPGRADE YOUR HANDS" CONTEST
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES. EACH PRIZE WINNER IS ONLY ELIGIBLE TO WIN ONE PRIZE IN THE CONTEST.
Sponsor: SOG Specialty Knives & Tools, LLC, a Washington limited liability company, with a principal office at 6521 212th Street Southwest, Lynnwood, WA, 98036 ("Sponsor").
Administrator: Hanson Dodge Creative, 220 E. Buffalo Street, Milwaukee, WI 53202.
THIS CONSTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK.
1. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to permanent, legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry, who did not purchase any equipment for purpose of entering the contest, and have Internet access as of January 1, 2012. Employees of SOG Specialty Knives & Tools, LLC and any of its respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of the Contest or production or distribution Contest materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Contest, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
3. Timing: The Contest begins on October 23, 2012 at 8:59:59 a.m. Eastern Standard Time ("EST") and ends on November 25, 2012 at 12:00:0 p.m. EST (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, enter the Contest by logging on to the SOG KNIVES Facebook page at http:www.facebook.com/SOGKnivesAndTools (the "Website") and (a) if you are already a fan of SOG Knives, find the tab on the Website that links to the "Upgrade Your Hands" Contest third party application ("Application") and then follow the provided instructions to complete and thereafter submit the entry form, which includes your name, email address and age verification; or (b) if you are not a fan of SOG Knives, then become a fan by clicking the "Like" button, then access the Application and follow the provided instructions to complete and thereafter submit your entry. Follow the links and instructions to register for the Contest.
Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Contest entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the Promotion Period, to request that any entrant resubmit their entry which fails to comply with the Contest entry requirements prior to any voting period.
By submitting an entry form, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation and Sponsor is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
Limit: Limit of one (1) entry per person or Facebook account per day during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Facebook account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain/upload more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Facebook accounts, email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated program to enter will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Facebook account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. Potential Winners (defined below) may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
5. Winner Determination: Winners will be determined via the following process:
a. At the end of the Entry Period on November 25, 2012, the Sponsor will select, at random three prize package winners from the total entries received by the date and time of the drawing. Sponsor will post all winners names on the wall, located at http://www.facebook.com/SOGKnivesAndTools, and will notify each winner via the email address provided. Odds of winning any prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received.
6. Prize Winner Requirements: Receiving a Prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. Each potential Prize Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release ("Affidavit"), which must be received by Sponsor within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim a Prize. If a potential Prize Winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit within the required time period (if applicable), or Prize is returned as undeliverable, potential Prize Winner forfeits the Prize. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award any given prize to an alternate randomly chosen, even if the disqualified Potential Winner's name may have been publicly announced. If after three (3) attempts a Prize Winner is not confirmed, the Prize will remain un-awarded. Acceptance of any Prize shall constitute and signify Prize Winner's agreement and consent that Sponsor may use Prize Winner's name, city, state, likeness and/or prize information in connection with the Contest, worldwide, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law.
One (1) SOG Knives Upgrade Your Hands Prize Pack - Valued at approximately $600.00 USD.
- SOG Voodoo Hawk
- SOG Ops Knife
- SOG EOD Powerlock w/ V-Cutter
- Mechanix M-Pact Covert Gloves
- Kaenon Polarized Hutch Sunglasses
Five (5) SOG Knives Ops & Electronics Ordinance Disposal Tool - Valued at approximately $125.00 USD.
Twelve (12) Tools, selected by winner from choice of SOG Voodoo Hawk, SOG Ops Knife, or SOG EOD Powerlock w/ V-Cutter - Valued at approximately $125.00 USD.
The following applies to the Prizes: Except as specifically provided herein, the Prizes do not include taxes, or any other item not specifically described in these Official Rules, and all expenses for any of the foregoing are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. The Prizes may not be transferred or assigned except by Sponsor. No substitutions, cash equivalents or redemptions of prize will be made. If a Prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Reporting and payment of all applicable taxes, fees, and/or surcharges, if any, arising out of, or resulting from, acceptance or use of a prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner of the Prize.
8. General Conditions: Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in these Official Rules or the advertising and promotion of the Contest; any kind of electronic, hardware, software or technical problems caused by Sponsor; any human error which may limit any entrant's ability to participate in this process.
If the Contest becomes compromised, hampered, interrupted, not capable of running as planned, or rendered impossible of performance in any way, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, suspend or withdraw the Contest, or to amend these Official Rules without notice prior to or after the cancellation, suspension, reschedule or withdrawal.
Each entrant will not knowingly damage or cause interruption to the Contest and/or prevent others from participating in the process. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST HEREUNDER VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SPONSOR MAY SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
By submitting a contest entry form, entrants will be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor.
9. Limitation of Liability/Release: Sponsor expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of the Prizes awarded. Except where prohibited by law, By receipt of any Prize, the Prize Winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, Inc., and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to entrant's participation in the Contest, the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any traveling related thereto.
10. Governing Law and Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Contest or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate >Washington State Court located in Lynnwood, Washington; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses , and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
12. Winner List: The name of the Prize Winner (if any) may be obtained 30 days after close and no later than February 23, 2013 by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: SOG Knives "Upgrade Your Hands" Contest ATTN SOG Specialty Knives & Tools, LLC, 6521 212th Street Southwest, Lynnwood, WA, 98036.