Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with SOG Specialty Knives! SOG is a competitive and rewarding work environment based just north of Seattle, Washington. Our workforce is constantly growing, with new positions appearing regularly- Below you'll find any open positions available.
Title: National Sales Manager
Reports To: VP of Sales and Marketing
Location: United States
As a key member of the SOG Sales team reporting to the Vice President, Sales & Marketing, this position provides strategic and day-to-day tactical management across all Sales initiatives including: managing Key Account relationships, developing profitable sales programs, and promotional strategies for existing and new customers and channels that result in profitable expansion of SOG's revenue, market share, distribution and brand penetration. Products include folding knives, fixed knives, multi-tools, and gear (such as tomahawks, machetes, shovels, etc.).
In addition, this position contributes, in collaboration with the senior staff and other internal functions, to execute the "go-to-market" plan. They will also manage external partners including Sales Reps/Agencies, major key retail accounts, specialty accounts, and consumer facing e-commerce accounts. Other key aspects of this position contribute to achieving and sustaining the SOG Strategic Business Plan and Initiatives, global competitive advantage, and profitable market growth strategy.
Scope & Responsibilities:
- Build detailed annual sales plans aligned with SOG's Strategic Business Plan and key initiatives and manages key aspects of sales execution
- Identify and lead business development of accounts and channel growth
- Forecast, monitor, and report monthly sales by account and channel; actively participate in monthly SIOP meetings; and recommend appropriate corrective actions when needed.
- Works with the Marketing Department to execute packaging, promotions, pricing and other critical selling materials for these channels
- Work with product management and marketing to increase market share and act as the "voice of the customer".
- Participate in new product development (NPD) and stage gate process as the "voice of the customer".
- Build, implement, and monitor annual sales plans by territory, account, and channel and takes ownership for the achievement of those sales plans on a monthly basis
- Develop and implement specific tactics with timelines and benchmarks.
- Direct the Sales teams to work with key stakeholders to develop, implement, and drive sales growth
- Develop the SOG sales organization into a high-performing, market-driven, and collaborative team that supports SOG's profitable growth, business improvement, and organizational excellence
- Provide tactical management and direction to the sales force
- Contribute to the development of short- and long-term profitable sales strategies including developing specific tactics with timelines and benchmarks
- Understand and partner with retailers and distributors to help them optimize their SOG assortment to achieve maximum revenue and profit
- Deploy and monitor effective marketplace pricing strategies and programs which drive profitable volume, growth, and which deliver against key brand positioning objectives
- Understand account-specific P&L's for key accounts and manage pricing policies and programs to other high cost-of-sales customers
- Maintains regular sales and management contacts at key customers
- Sell and promote SOG products profitably
- Obtain and analyze, sales data, market trends, account specific trends, promotional activity, required to provide timely and meaningful sales forecast by Sales Reps/Agencies, major key retail accounts, specialty accounts, and consumer facing e-commerce accounts in support of the SIOP process
- Gather market place and sales information for Sales Reps/Agencies and Key Buyers; representing the "voice of the customer" in the NPD and stage gate process
- Develop, manage, administer, budget, monitor, and report on use of company resources as required
- Participates in technical seminars, sales meetings, Automotive & Sport trade shows and other events as appropriate
- Keeps abreast of products, applications, technical service, market and competitive
- Adhere to required health and safety regulations and practices.
- Design and implement continuous improvement of various monitoring, measurement and reporting metric systems
- Manage employees with effective communication, coaching and organizational development practices to sustain good morale, effectiveness and performance of the work group
- Carry out other duties, responsibilities, and projects as may be assigned, in an effective manner
- B.S. or B.A. degree from an accredited college/university in business, sales/marketing or related field
- MBA in a related field preferred
- Written and Oral Skills: English mandatory
- Intermediate level with P.C.'s: Microsoft Office Suite; Outlook; PowerPoint
- Five (5) years' experience in completing and managing projects with minimal oversight and against aggressive timelines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent management and administrative skills
- Ability to cooperatively interact and communicate well with inter-departmental personnel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ten (10) years' experience in effectively prioritizing and managing work
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexible, accept new ideas and input positively, and be open to new work approaches and processes
- Eight (8) years' experience in working independently
- Ten (10) years' experience in maintaining confidentiality
- U.S. citizen or must possess valid INS Green Card
- Must possess a valid passport and ability to travel internationally without restrictions
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver's license with no major violations within the last five (5) years
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
- Able to perform general office and administrative duties: copying, filing, using a telephone, etc.
- Able to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, at the waist and reach on a daily basis
- Able to safely lift and move up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Must have corrected vision to 20/30
- Must not be color blind
- Must be able to distinguish colors and tints
- Requires close vision abilities
- Must be able to work overtime and/or weekends as required
- Travel as required approximately 75% of the time
- Must be able to travel domestically and/or internationally via commercial carrier
Email resume and cover letter to
SOG Specialty Knives and Tools, (www.sogknives.com), a leader in the outdoor recreation market, is looking for an engineering staff member with excellent skills in CAD (Specifically SolidWorks), machine shop skills and a love of physics/dynamics to join our growing team.
Mechanical Design Engineer:
At SOG a Mechanical Design Engineer (MDE) is part of the product development team and as such it is expected that they will be able to contribute at each stage of the product development cycle. Product development first starts with a design idea. Physics/Dynamics are used to theoretically prove that the design will work. Proof-of-concept prototypes are then made by the team to verify that the design will work in the real world. In order to communicate the final design to the factories, assembly files, bills of material, and technical drawings need to be created and kept up to date. Throughout the life of the design, further refinements may be desired and therefore engineering change forms will have to be created and maintained.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reproduce existing drawings or make minor changes or additions to existing drawings in the CAD System (SolidWorks) using marked prints or detailed instructions.
- Generate design concepts, layouts and assemblies in SolidWorks.
- Maintain and prepare dimensional drawings and cross section views.
- Prepare and Maintain Engineering documentation (files, technical literature, parts lists, project reports, Engineering change notices, cross reference, etc.).
- Creates prototypes and proof of concept models, using lathe, CNC mill and 3D printing
- Preforms basic physics/mechanical machine design calculations.
- CAD design experience with SolidWorks.
- Experience with CNC and other fabrication methods.
Skills, Specialized Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to use effectively use CAD (SolidWorks) with minimum of supervision.
- Ability to be accurate and to pay precise attention to details.
- Knowledge of engineering drawings.
- Experience in operating a Windows-based computer system.
- Knowledge of the tolerance limitations of manufacturing processes such as sheet metal stampings and investment casting is a plus
- Knowledge of HSMWorks CAM software is a plus
Physical & Mental Demands:
- Be able to sit and use a computer terminal for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must adhere to all safety policies.
- Be able to keep on task while working on multiple projects.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks in a deadline driven environment.
- Willingness to learn and grow your skill set.
Email cover letter, resume, and portfolio to