Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with SOG Specialty Knives! SOG is a competitive and rewarding work environment based just north of Seattle, Washington. Our workforce is constantly growing, with new positions appearing regularly.
Title: Senior Accountant
Reports To: CFO
Location: Lynnwood, WA
This key professional financial position contributes to the company's financial performance and growth, and to maintain strong internal controls to protect company assets. In addition, this position participates in day-to-day execution of all areas of accounting including: inventory management, costing, fixed assets, month-end close, cash forecasting, periodic external audits, and financial reporting. This position maintains SOG's pricing module to ensure consistent and accurate pricing to customers; and maintains/reconciles all customer allowances to make sure payments are consistent with company guidelines and within available funding limits. Other key aspects of this position contribute to achieving and sustaining SOG's Strategic Business Plan and Initiatives, global competitive advantage, and profitable market growth strategy.
Scope & Responsibilities:
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, and consolidating, and reconciling transactions
- Provide all levels of management with useful and accurate financial information on a timely basis
- Administers the functioning of financial systems and sub-ledgers including general ledger, pricing, cost accounting, fixed assets, budgeting, and reporting
- Contributes to the monthly financial closing process, including financial and cost statement preparation and related analysis
- Implement and maintain updated pricing policy in Extended Pricing module in Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (GP)
- Manage accruals and payment of all major customer allowances - co-op, rebates, damage allowance -, working closely with Sales team to ensure all expenditure is accounted for and all payments are justified
- Assist CFO with the monthly close process, including journal entries, account reconciliations, and reporting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Perform all bank reconciliations and maintain weekly cash forecast module
- Assist with periodic external audits throughout the year
- Play a primary role in developing annual budgets for the company
- Maintain user access and security levels in GP
- Contribute in developing and maintaining proper internal controls, including compliance with company policies and procedures, and all other statutory requirements.
- Provide accounting assistance and support across the organization
- Assist the CFO with pricing and profitability analysis
- Participate in cost estimates for new and existing products.
- Conduct cost benefit or breakeven analysis on specified projects as required
- Carry out other duties, responsibilities, and projects as may be assigned, in an effective manner.
- B.S. degree from an accredited college/university in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
- CPA or Internal Audit experience desirable
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and compliance requirements of other financial statutes
- 3 to 5 years' relevant hands-on experience in a small to medium sized consumer products company ($20-75 million annual revenue)
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP or similar ERP system preferred
- Superior data mining skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel including pivot tables
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to cooperatively interact with inter-departmental personnel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexible, accept new ideas and input positively, and be open to new work approaches and processes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and think creatively
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Able to perform general office and administrative duties: copying, filing, using a telephone, etc.
- Able to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, at the waist and reach on a daily basis.
- Able to safely lift and move up to 20 pounds, occasionally.
- Must have corrected vision to 20/30.
- Requires close vision abilities.
- Must be able to work overtime and/or weekends as required.
Candidates should email cover letter and resume to Rabi Gupta at with subject line of Senior Accountant Position.
Learn about our company at sogknives.com