Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with SOG Specialty Knives! SOG is a competitive and rewarding work environment based just north of Seattle, Washington. Our workforce is constantly growing, with new positions appearing regularly.
Title: Accounts Receivable
Reports To: CFO
Location: Lynnwood, WA
This position is responsible for all aspects of Accounts Receivable including collections, cash application, credit card payment processing, customer credit verification / authorization, accounts receivable aging management, and bad debt management.
Other key aspects of this position contribute to achieving and sustaining the SOG Strategic Business Plan and Initiatives, global competitive advantage, and profitable market growth strategy.
Scope & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all cash due from customers is collected in a timely manner and that all cash received is promptly and accurately applied to customers’ accounts in the Accounts Receivable module on a weekly basis
- Develop rapport with customers, sales reps, and internal sales staff, as well as gain superior understanding of customers websites, to strengthen collection efforts
- Develop, maintain, and distribute reporting and key metrics that clearly shows accounts receivable aging and collections performance
- Contact customers to collect payment for outstanding invoices that are due
- Respond to all customer, sales rep, and internal sales questions regarding outstanding balances/invoices, payments, and terms
- Accurately apply cash collected by check, ACH/wire, or purchase card each week
- Research all short payments made by customers and get to resolution promptly
- Research all program-related deductions/allowances taken by customers, gain approval, and apply them against appropriate accrual accounts
- Send monthly account statements in paper or electronically
- Prepare monthly sales representative commission payments based on monthly sales and current commission rates
- Verify retail credit card payments on processor website when necessary
- Keep a running record of current projects involved in resolving customer payment issues
- Report payment variances, discrepancies, short payments, deductions, and other variations to CFO as directed.
- Work with Sales team to project, track, and reconcile amounts claimed by customers as deductions.
- Create and maintain monthly reporting focused on accounts receivable
- Adhere to required health and safety regulations and practices.
- Interact with fellow employees through effective communication and organizational development practices to sustain good morale, effectiveness and performance.
- Carry out other duties, responsibilities, and projects as may be assigned, in an effective manner.
- High School diploma or GED required
- A.A degree or higher from an accredited college/university preferred but not required
- Written and Oral Skills: English mandatory
- 2-4 years’ experience maintaining Accounts Receivable module in Microsoft Dynamics GP or equivalent system
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Office Suite; Outlook
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to cooperatively interact and communicate well with inter-departmental personnel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 2-4 years’ experience in effectively prioritizing and managing work
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexible, accept new ideas and input positively, and be open to new work approaches and processes
- 2-4 years’ experience in working independently
- 2-4 years’ experience in maintaining confidentiality
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license with no major violations within the last five (5) years
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
- Able to perform general office and administrative duties: copying, filing, using a telephone, etc
- Able to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, at the waist and reach on a daily basis
- Able to safely lift and move up to 20 pounds occasionally
- Must have corrected vision to 20/30
- Must not be color blind
- Must be able to distinguish colors and tints
- Must be able to work overtime and/or weekends as required
- Must be able to travel domestically as needed
Please send resume and cover letter to rabigupta